Wednesday 8 February 2012

Craig and Colette's Wedding - Ocotber 8th, 2011

 I know it has been forever since I posted on the blog - and for that I am sorry. Because You Said So... (BYSS) has been busy working with DivaGirl Fitness and Crave Toronto! Also for those of you who can’t tell ( I don’t blame you.. Mother Nature even forgot) it is ski season! The ladies of BYSS have been busy enjoying the beautiful mountains in BC and the gorgeous hills of Caledon in Ontario. 
In October BYSS had the pleasure of helping create an amazing wedding day for two of our favourite people. Our dear friends Craig and Colette got married at the beautiful, breath-taking Black Rock Resort in Ucluelet, BC. With the ocean and the mountains as the backdrop these two love birds said “I do...” 
This wedding was a family affair for us Milnes - Chris (dad) was co-efficient for the wedding talking about marriage (my mom and him have been married for 30 years - 2 weeks happy according to dad!) As Chris began his speech he decided to go the humour route, and started by saying “When Colette asked me to do this I started writing down ideas about what to say... let me get my notes” as he pulls a roll of toilet paper from his pocket. 


Staying true to Colette and Craig’s vision of their wedding day we kept it simple and connected to nature. Cathy, the creative one out of the two of us created a guest book from a tree off our weekend property. Allowing guests to sign their names and well wishes to the couple - on a piece of nature that they will have forever.  Sticking to the nature theme Cathy and her mom, Ann (like I said, family affair) collected rocks and wrote the names of the guests - creating unique name cards for the table. 




The seating chart was another unique creation of Cathy’s - using wood from the same tree as the guest book she created a seating chart. 


The centre pieces were simple candle holders that combined the couples love of nature with a classy twist. Surrounded by pieces of drift wood that literally brought the atmosphere of the ocean inside. 


Craig and Colette took their love of the ocean to a whole new level - stepping into the waves (with a surf board!) to capture life long memories. Colette (the least girly girl you will ever meet) opted for two wedding dresses knowing that she would be emerging herself into the Pacific Ocean before the ceremony. 


A beautiful wedding for an amazing couple! 

1 comment:

  1. Nice idea! I can also have a guest book where everybody can bless us. I am getting married by the end of this year in one of my favorite wedding venues Los Angeles. It was great coming across this post. I liked the idea and this post a lot.

    ReplyDelete